- Bloggers are quite active online, 52.8% of all bloggers surveyed update their blogs at least once a day.
- While most bloggers do not blog only at work (only 4.8% do), 53% of those bloggers surveyed do blog in the workplace (at work, or at both home and work).
- 43.8% own more than one blog. 21% of all bloggers surveyed own three blogs or more.
- Only 13.4% of the bloggers surveyed run advertising in their blogs.
- The majority of bloggers surveyed, 52.3%, use Google's Blogger as their blogging platform of choice. In addition, over 52.7% of all bloggers surveyed use a blog hosting service such as blogspot, blog-city, tblog, or TypePad to host their blogs. Other blog platforms answered by respondents include Radio UserLand, Salon, "MoBlog", Xanga, and LiveJournal.
Blogcount asks: How big is the blogosphere? What is its shape, color, true nature? Blogcount catalogs efforts to answer these questions. We collect and organize the best reports and analyses on this subject. Contact Us: email@example.com
Friday, December 05, 2003
Loren Baker ran a survey of more than 600 Blog Search Engine bloggers (early and enthusiastic adopters) in November. The poll takers were self selecting, so it's an unscientific but useful datapoint. Baker reports: