Some findings reported by Technorati's David Sifry:
- The number of blogs Technorati tracks doubled every 5 months for the last 20 months. [Useful for planning server purchases, I bet.] If the trend continues (and we don't know why it should), Technorati should be tracking 15 million blogs by August, 30 million by January.
- Technorati discovers 30-40 thousand blogs daily.
- Technorati is working hard to remove fake or spam blogs from their reporting. Perhaps 10% of malicious content makes its way through Technorati's defenses against comment spam, spam blog posts, and ping spam.
- How many blogs are abandoned or killed or misplaced daily?
- How many new blogs are old blogs that have moved, or old blogs that are now continued on a new site by the same author's?
- What percent of the blogosphere does T believe it tracks?
- A useful or complete definition of the kinds of weblogs included in their statistics.